The Wakefield Memorial High School Alumni Foundation Hall of Fame was established in 2008 to celebrate and recognize alumni for exceptional achievement in their profession or contributions to the Wakefield community.
Inductees are nominated by community members and fellow alumni and selected by the WMHSAF Hall of Fame Committee.
Alumni are eligible for nomination into the Hall of Fame 10 years after graduation. Inductees are selected in one or more of the following categories:
- Arts-recognition for achievement in cultural, visual, or performing arts
- Business-recognition for accomplishment and/or leadership in the business world
- Community Service-recognition for service to the Wakefield community or other cause
- Education-recognition for career in education or contribution to the field of education
- Government-recognition for contribution to local governing and/or other governances
- Military Service-recognition for service in a branch of the Armed Forces
- Sciences-recognition for career accomplishment in a scientific- or medical-related profession
- Special Achievement-recognition for special contributions and/or service to the
- Wakefield Public Schools, although not necessarily a graduate
- Rising Star-recognition of a graduate who has been out of high school for less than ten years, who has shown great promise in their field with the indication of much more to come.
How Hall of Fame Inductees Are Honored
An Induction Banquet will be held to honor the inductees. Permanent plaques commemorating each Hall of Fame member will be displayed in the designated Alumni Hall of Fame Corridor at Wakefield Memorial High School. Past WMHSAF President and HOF inductee, John Encarnacao expressed,
“The Alumni Foundation wants to extend the opportunity to the entire community to bring forward the names of WMHS alums who have clearly distinguished themselves. It’s the people of the community who witness what great things are being done and recognize who the sometimes unsung heroes are. We encourage everyoneto participate and help bring recognition to those alums who really deserve our thanks.“