WMHS Hall of Fame Nominations
The Wakefield Memorial High School Alumni Foundation is seeking the community’s help by asking for deserving nominations of WMHS graduates for the annual Wakefield Memorial High School Alumni Foundation Hall of Fame. The WMHS Alumni Foundation Hall of Fame was established in 2008 to recognize alumni for exceptional achievement in their profession or contributions to the Wakefield community.
Alumni are eligible for nomination into the Hall of Fame 10 years after their graduation. Inductees will be selected in one or more of the following categories:
- Arts-recognition for achievement in cultural, visual, or performing arts
- Business-recognition for accomplishment and/or leadership in the business world or profession
- Community Service-recognition for service to the Wakefield community or other cause
- Education-recognition for career in education or contribution to the field of education
- Government-recognition for contribution to town or other government service
- Military Service-recognition for service in a branch of the armed forces
- Sciences-recognition for career accomplishment in a scientific or medical related profession
- Special Achievement-recognition for special contributions and/or service to the Wakefield Public Schools, although not necessarily a graduate
An Induction Banquet will be held to honor the inductees. Permanent plaques commemorating each Hall of Fame member will be displayed in the designated Alumni Hall of Fame Corridor at Wakefield Memorial High School.
WMHS Alumni Foundation Past President, and 2008 inductee, John Encarnacao expressed, “The Alumni Foundation wants to extend the opportunity to the entire community to bring forward the names of WMHS alums who have clearly distinguished themselves. It’s the people of the community who witness what great things are being done and recognize who the sometimes unsung heroes are. We encourage everyone to participate and help bring recognition to those alums who really deserve our thanks.”
Inductees will be selected from nominations of alumni and community members and reviewed by the Hall of Fame Committee. Forms may be returned to the WMHS Alumni Foundation, c/o Wakefield Memorial High School, 60 Farm St, Wakefield, MA 01880, or emailed to Wakefield High School Principal Richard Metropolis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out the nomination form below, or print out the form and mail it in.
WMHS Alumni Foundation Hall of Fame Nomination Form
If you prefer to mail the form in, please download below:
Nomination Form Word Doc